What Is Hormone Pellet Therapy?
Hormone balance is a crucial part of what keeps our bodies healthy and fit as we age, and when hormone imbalance occurs, treatments are necessary. Bio-identical hormone pellet therapy has become the preferred method to treat hormone deficiencies at In Balance Health & Wellness. This treatment method avoids the many disadvantages of treatment alternatives like messy daily creams or painful weekly injections by needle.
Bio-Identical Hormone Pellet Therapy
Pellets, about the size of a grain of rice, are implanted under the skin where they release a steady flow of medicine over 3-4 months. Our bio-identical pellets are natural and plant-based, made from wild yam. The chemical formulation is an identical match to the hormones created in your own body!
70 Years of Research Proven Benefits:
- Pellet therapy delivers consistent, physiologic levels of hormones.
- The consistent and physiologic dosing has been shown to maintain and improve bone density.
- Pellets bypass the liver and don’t negatively impact clotting factors, blood pressure, cloistral, glucose, or liver function.
Our Compounding Pharmacy: Quality, Innovation, Experience
Pellets prescribed by In Balance Health & Wellness come from a trusted leader in the compound pharmacy industry. In-fact, we use an FDA-regulated manufacturing 503-B manufacturing facility. Their compounding process, strict sterile environment, attention to detail, and quality of the compounding components they use, makes the bio-identical formulations they prepare for our patients truly exceptional.
Top Ten Reasons to get your pellets at In Balance Health & Wellness
- High-quality bio-identical pellets
- Same price regardless of how many pellets needed
- Unlimited doctor visits
- Wellness exam included
- Comprehensive Wellness lab panel
- Free Booster insertion if needed
- Dosage based on symptoms, not just labs
How Do I Know If I Need HRT?
The simplest, easiest way to check your hormone levels is through a blood test. We can draw your blood right in our office to get you started. Our doctors then review the results and write a treatment plan customized to your needs if hormone replacement is needed.
Bio-Identical hormone pellets are available in:
Other hormones we can supplement (not in pellet form) include:
Estrogen therapy is an effective treatment for relief of hot flashes and night sweats in women. It can also be used to treat the vaginal symptoms of menopause, including dryness, burning, itching, and discomfort during intercourse. This is a common treatment for women dealing with various menopause symptoms. Estrogen supplement therapy can also decrease a woman’s risk of osteoporosis.
This promotes restful sleep and is a powerful antioxidant. Natural levels of melatonin in the body decline with age. Treatment promotes anti-aging in general, aids antioxidant protection, and sleep. Recent studies also indicate that melatonin may lessen the effects of Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s disease.
- Micronized Progesterone
Often used in conjunction with estrogen in the treatment of post-menopausal women, benefits include bone building and fat burning, protection against osteoporosis, improved PMS symptoms, protection against endometrial and breast cancers, and maintained levels of natural sexual desire.
Also known as the “love hormone,” oxytocin is reported to enhance libido, arousal, and sexual climax in both men and women. Patients report improved love life.
Testosterone levels in men declines about 1% a year after the age of 30. Treatment increases energy, builds muscle mass, promotes bone density, and increases sex drive. Women need small amounts as part of the hormones that keep mood, energy levels, sex drive, and bodily functions working well.
- Thyroid Hormone
Thyroid levels often decline naturally with age and can often go undiagnosed. Even a small decline in this important hormone over an extended period of time can lead to profound consequences for health and longevity. Low thyroid levels occur more often in women over 40. Treatment helps regulate mood and weight.
Customized Treatment Plan
Prior to treatment, our physicians use your individual lab results to create a customized treatment plan. Based on the results of your lab work, your weight, height and gender, our compounding pharmacy creates a custom hormone pellet formulation just for you. Once implanted, hormones are released as they are needed based on your activity level, mimicking the body’s natural behavior.
Hormone Pellet Therapy Improves:
- Cardiovascular Health
- Sex Drive and Libido
- Headaches and Migraines
- Hot Flashes
- Mood and Depression
- Joint Aches and Pains
- Better memory and mental sharpness, increased ability to concentrate
Doctor Supervised Treatment
Natural hormone pellet therapy is a painless, minor surgical procedure that involves inserting small hormone pellets, about the size of a grain of rice, beneath the skin. Our doctors and nurse practitioner administer pellet insertion in a simple in-office procedure done under local anesthesia. The pellets are inserted just under the skin in the upper buttocks through a very small opening. The incision is then closed with surgical glue or sterile-tape strips and a waterproof bandage. Once implanted, treatment takes effect within 48 to 72 hours. The pellets release hormones steadily as needed over time until dissolving completely, which usually occurs about 4 months later. This means treatment is only needed 3-4 times per year, in great contrast to the daily or weekly treatments needed with other therapy options.
Why Choose In Balance Health & Wellness for Your Pellets?
- We have the highest standard of care and service
- We use only highest quality bio-identical (not synthetic) pellets made from wild Yams. These are molecule by molecule identical to what the hormones you have naturally. The pharmacy we use for pellets is an FDA regulated 503-B manufacturing facility, rather than just a state monitored compounding pharmacy.
- Our prices are ‘flat fee’ which includes as many pellets as you need. We base the number of pellets to your body mass index or BMI. The larger a person you are, the more hormones your body will require. Some men have received up to 15 pellets.
- We have unlimited doctor visits at no extra charge included during your pellet therapy period.
- Your initial visit with our doctor includes wellness and nutritional advice and can cover additional issues such as fatigue, sexual wellness, thyroid issues, and other health concerns. This is not just a quick pellet insertion appointment.
- Our wellness lab work comprehensive and is considered a wellness screening panel. Wellness panels test for most all body functions, including Hematology, Cardiology, Hepatic (liver) function, Lipids (cholesterol) Hormones, (PSA -men), Diabetes, Special Chemistry, Metabolic function, Vitamin B-12 and ultrasensitive Thyroid panels.
- We take most all insurance (in-network) for our initial lab panel, saving you hundreds off the total cost of our services.
- Our doctor’s goal is to get your hormones in the upper 10% of normal range for testosterone as he has found that most people feel better with high normal ranges.
- Our doctor listens to your symptoms and bases that on his treatment plan along with your lab results, and screening questionnaires. We don’t just treat you based on lab numbers.
- After the initial lab work, we run labs again at 45 days to verify the hormones have increased. We also run labs after the second to determine if it’s time to have the next round of pellets.
- It is possible to get your hormone therapy started within 7 days of your consult. At your consult, you can begin the lab work and when the results are ready in 3 or 4 days and then the next available appointment you could have the service. It used to take weeks. We know when your hormones are off-balance, you need to get started as soon as possible.